Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP and Firefox memories....

I hate the touch pad on this HP15 with Window's 10. So, I turn off the touch pad. Next time I turn the HP on, it.s back to what it was! Why does the 'apply' not apply? As for Firefox, what I put in the 'home page' selection window not only disappears when I turn the system back on, but will often disappear while I'm using the system!!
    What can I do to keep these choices in place?

Go into device manager and disable your touch pad, Then Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet options, General tab, use current, if it is showing your home page, hit apply, OK,
    Last edited by akaothermick; 03-08-2016, 12:12 AM.

Comment

I did find Synaptics on device manager, but would rather not delete it. And that is the only option there. I can get to the touch pad options by using control panel/hardware and sound and then scrolling to the touch pad options. Once again, it's turned on. I clear the checked boxes, click apply and close the window. It won't stay after I shut down the computer and sometimes will revert back even while I'm using the computer! This is on Windows 10, by the way. As for the home page issue, I use Mozilla Firefox. Iclick the menu options in the upper right corner, click options, then place the desired item in the home page box. Sometimes it stays, usually it doesn't. I do not know how to make it stay, as there is no 'apply' or 'save' option for this.

Comment

Go to Synaptics icon in your systray, right lower in the taskbar, right click, pointing device properties, device settings, highlight and disable the selected items that you want turned off, you can always enable again, don't bother with delete as it will reinstall at startup, Use windows explorer, not firefox to enable your home page, The Win 10 has a lot of hard to control swipes and gestures that make a touch pad a pain, you can turn the gestures and swipes off and revert to basic use for the touchpad,

Comment

Or, you could always go back to Win 7.

Comment

I really don't want to have to uninstall the Synaptics software. It is quite annoying, though. Bad enough I have to deselect the default options each time at startup, but sometimes during use! Before I do anything rash like uninstalling it, I'll first contact HP and see if I can get help with it. Not sure what to do about the home page default setting on Firefox. Just can't get that to stay, either. Very frustrating.

Comment

No point in uninstalling the software it will just reinstall on start up, go into Control panel, select mouse and turn off the swipes and gestures, and save. Follow the instruction on this page for Firefox, How to Change a Home Page in Firefox | eHow

Comment

That's exactly the process I'm using. But those choices just won't stay. In the Synaptics case I click 'apply', then 'okay'. Usually it stays during the session. But never when restarting the computer. I must do it again. As for the home page, it all goes the same as your site suggests, except that there is no option to click 'apply' or 'okay'. And that will also often times get revised during the computer session.
                Thanks for the suggestions, Mick....

Comment

Use the control panel and select mouse properties to change the touchpad properties, remove swipes and gestures, Use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox, and select Tools on the toolbar, select internet options, on the general tab, enter the home page address you want, apply, save, close IE and open FireFox, and see if its your home page you want.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =