Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combustion fan motor bearings

I seem to remember reading a thread on here someplace about the combustion motor fan bearings and within the thread was the mention of a Bearing #

I recently purchased some supposedly specifically for the monitor 422 and honestly they sucked. Right out of the package they seemed pretty loose and Not very smooth. I put them in and they are not much quieter then the ones I took out.. Even gave them the benefit of the doubt and considered I may have damaged the bearings putting them on the motor shaft. Nope... I purchased 2 sets so i pulled the new ones off and put the 2nd set in and same thing. The second set I was actualy able to push on to the shaft with my bare hands so I know I did not damage them.. just crappy bearings

Anyone recall the bearing # or know the bearing specifics so I can source Good quality bearings..

Use the same bearing number on the bearings as original, but bearings are graded by the ABEC number so getting the highest ABEC number available will get the best quality bearing, little Loctite, 609 is always used for securing on the shaft
    Last edited by akaothermick; 03-10-2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

There are different specifications for ball bearings, all of which you can find on the net. If you bought the bearings from EBAY there is good chance you got the lowest specification bearing. Bearings range from cheap skate board models to medical high speed sealed units. You can pay $2.00 for a cheap one or as high as $20.00 for a high spec bearing. I would use a ball bearing store instead of the cheap and easy EBAY route. Get a sealed bearing that fits your motor. Be sure to use a "bearing set" product like Locktite on the shaft. Give it time to set up before using your motor. The bearing # for M422 is 625ZZ.

Comment

I don't know what a Monitor 422 is, but we install motor bearings all the time in our shop. We do pool pump and jet pump motors mostly. The most common bearing out there is the 6203. It comes off hard and has to be driven back on the shaft. If you can push one on by hand, I would be very skeptical.

Comment

speedbump - you drive bearings onto the shaft? that is barbaric! It's a .001-.002 shrink fit. try this instead. get hold of a toaster oven and set it for 400 degrees. put the bearings in side. let them heat up for about 15 minutes. use a pair of gloves and remove the bearings and place them where they go on the shaft. hold them in place so they don't move. when they've cooled sufficiently - you've installed your bearings without cussing.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =