Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burner Pots

just wondering if any of you guys had ever purchased from monitor new burner pots with flaws...I have about 3 new 441 pots that have the fuel pipe at the wrong angle from the factory and about a dozen new pots with the pins that the combustion ring clips on loose and I can just pull them right out....I purchased about 25 new pots from a hardware store that went out of business in 2006 and can't send them back so I'm stuck with them...most of them were fine with the exceptions is there anyone that has some insight on how I could fix these where I can use them...I hate to just scrap them out with parts being so hard to find like they are. I've spoken with people who have fixed used pots by welding and even gluing the fuel pipes back in but again I would be skeptical about using one in a customers heater unless I was pretty sure that it was fixed correctly. any help would be appreciated

You will need a pretty good welder to get those fuel nozzles at the right angle, but they are around. The burner ring pins are easy. I am some what surprised as I never did see a new pot that was messed up. Tom

Comment

I have repaired a few cracked and warped pots and rings, using TIG welding, very precise and accurate and the heat can be dialed down enough for the thin wall material, look for someone that can TIG weld,

Comment

Yeah I've been doing this for over 15 years now and this was new to me...I opened one up to put in a customers heater and was really surprised when I saw the fuel nozzle was pointing to the left instead of upward I was trying to upload a picture but it keep saying it wasn't a valid file type

Comment

thanks I have a guy that welds stuff for me i'll check and see if he has a tig

Comment

forget anything having to do with monitor. go with rinnai or toyostove.

Comment

From what I have seen it appears that the nozzle is brazed to the burner pot. I would try brazing it with brazing rod first. What size pots do you have? I would be willing to buy a new one from you so I can practice repairing it.

Comment

The best way to re attach the nozzle to the burn pot is with silver solder. I have done several of these and the silver solder is stronger then the original brazing and much easier then a tig.. If anyone has a burn pot that the nozzle has broken free of or has loose pins for the combustion ring let me know. I would be interested in them..
                Last edited by OnTheEdge; 09-28-2016, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Vip do you have a burner pot for a 41 that you would like to sell? I would like to fix one of my heaters with a bad pot. I have an idea for the pins that hold the burner ring. The model 21 series has screws that the burn ring locks onto. Screws in place of the pins would work I think.

Comment

Originally posted by rrob311 View Post
                    Vip do you have a burner pot for a 41 that you would like to sell? I would like to fix one of my heaters with a bad pot. I have an idea for the pins that hold the burner ring. The model 21 series has screws that the burn ring locks onto. Screws in place of the pins would work I think.

i actually found a guy that repaired them for me and i have since used them all...i can order new through carswell in nc but they aren't cheap now. these parts are getting higher every year and harder to find. if you still need one i can get you a price on one

Comment

@rrob311 or anyone else that might be interested I have a compete burn chamber rebuild kit for a 21, 22, or 422 which includes a new burn pot w/new burn mat, flame ring and all the gaskets needed to do a rebuild. I'd bought it a few years ago and have since bought a complete used heat exchanger, with a used pot that's still in good shape to use for a spare. I've rebuilt it and have it sitting on hold where I can put it in in a moments notice. Just take the complete heat exchanger out of the heater, replace it with the extra and be back up and running in probably an hour or two then I can work on replacing needed parts in the other one as I have time and won't feel rushed because I don't have any heat. I'm just trying to make back my money on the kit and will take $225. for it. When I rebuilt mine in the winter of 2012 I didn't have an extra heat exchanger and had to wait for a warmer day so the heater could be down for several hours while I pulled the heat exchanger, cleaned up the pot, put in a new burn mat and flame ring, then reassembled everything. I lucked up and found the used parts heat exchanger w/pot, used igniter, and used flame detection rod all for about $100. It's worth $100 to me just to know I can change it and be back up and running in a short amount of time. I've also bought a used pump, mother board, and thermistor and have them on standby just in case. Again I lucked up and was able to buy all those parts for about $75. I figure I've probably pretty much got repair parts for any likely breakdown that would put the heater out working order.
                      Last edited by FordMan59; 10-20-2018, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      =