Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burner Pots

Thanks

Burner Pots

just wondering if any of you guys had ever purchased from monitor new burner pots with flaws...I have about 3 new 441 pots that have the fuel pipe at the wrong angle from the factory and about a dozen new pots with the pins that the combustion ring clips on loose and I can just pull them right out....I purchased about 25 new pots from a hardware store that went out of business in 2006 and can't send them back so I'm stuck with them...most of them were fine with the exceptions is there anyone that has some insight on how I could fix these where I can use them...I hate to just scrap them out with parts being so hard to find like they are. I've spoken with people who have fixed used pots by welding and even gluing the fuel pipes back in but again I would be skeptical about using one in a customers heater unless I was pretty sure that it was fixed correctly. any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    You will need a pretty good welder to get those fuel nozzles at the right angle, but they are around. The burner ring pins are easy. I am some what surprised as I never did see a new pot that was messed up. Tom

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawkins111 For This Useful Post:

vipmaint70 (05-08-2016),wjcroft (11-21-2018)

Thanks
    I have repaired a few cracked and warped pots and rings, using TIG welding, very precise and accurate and the heat can be dialed down enough for the thin wall material, look for someone that can TIG weld,

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akaothermick For This Useful Post:

vipmaint70 (05-08-2016),wjcroft (11-21-2018)

Thanks
    Yeah I've been doing this for over 15 years now and this was new to me...I opened one up to put in a customers heater and was really surprised when I saw the fuel nozzle was pointing to the left instead of upward I was trying to upload a picture but it keep saying it wasn't a valid file type

Thanks
    thanks I have a guy that welds stuff for me i'll check and see if he has a tig

Thanks
    forget anything having to do with monitor. go with rinnai or toyostove.

Thanks
    From what I have seen it appears that the nozzle is brazed to the burner pot. I would try brazing it with brazing rod first. What size pots do you have? I would be willing to buy a new one from you so I can practice repairing it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rrob311 For This Useful Post:

wjcroft (11-21-2018)

Thanks
    The best way to re attach the nozzle to the burn pot is with silver solder. I have done several of these and the silver solder is stronger then the original brazing and much easier then a tig.. If anyone has a burn pot that the nozzle has broken free of or has loose pins for the combustion ring let me know. I would be interested in them..
    Last edited by OnTheEdge; 09-28-2016 at 09:08 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OnTheEdge For This Useful Post:

rrob311 (10-18-2016),wjcroft (11-21-2018)

Thanks
    Vip do you have a burner pot for a 41 that you would like to sell? I would like to fix one of my heaters with a bad pot. I have an idea for the pins that hold the burner ring. The model 21 series has screws that the burn ring locks onto. Screws in place of the pins would work I think.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    Vip do you have a burner pot for a 41 that you would like to sell? I would like to fix one of my heaters with a bad pot. I have an idea for the pins that hold the burner ring. The model 21 series has screws that the burn ring locks onto. Screws in place of the pins would work I think.

i actually found a guy that repaired them for me and i have since used them all...i can order new through carswell in nc but they aren't cheap now. these parts are getting higher every year and harder to find. if you still need one i can get you a price on one

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vipmaint70 For This Useful Post:

rrob311 (10-19-2018),wjcroft (11-21-2018)

Thread Information