Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice door issue....

We have a GE model GSS25JFMCWW that has the ice door flapper issue. I need to order parts, but would like to get that trim ring off first to see what's needed. Last time I worked on this Dan O. sent me to a great site that had VERY helpful videos. I went there again for help, but can't find directions on trim ring removal. Shame on me, I did this before, but can't remember how it comes off! Help!!

GE refrigerator ice dispenser flapper door

You didn't say what issues you were dealing with but the dispenser door itself is a common failure point. You can see a video of accessing it at the following link.

LINK > GE Refrigerator Model GSS25JFMCWW Ice Dispenser Door

Maybe it will help?

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

You're good, Dan O. That's exactly what I needed to know. The issue is (are...) (procrastination) burned out bulb, spring not closing flapper door all the way. Door often hangs up and it gets frosted and iced. And that causes my wife to be , uh, well, 'displeased'.... This will help relieve at least SOME of that!!

Comment

Along with the dishwasher issues, I FINALLY got around to checking the 'fridge. That flapper door does need to be replaced. And a new light bulb, too. That solenoid, though, was pretty well corroded. I cleaned and polished the solenoid pin. Glad the solenoid itself is plastic coated. It works well now. But, I suspect the reason for the corrosion is due to excess moisture in that compartment. I see there is a heater available for that area (Item:RepairClinic Item #1061807 | G.E. OEM Part #WR49X10086 ). That's a pricey item. Will that actually solve the moisture issue? Also, it says a dispenser control assembly is also needed when installing this part. What is that?
        Last edited by mrcaptainbob; 06-26-2016, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcaptainbob
          That solenoid, though, was pretty well corroded. I cleaned and polished the solenoid pin. I suspect the reason for the corrosion is due to excess moisture in that compartment. I see there is a heater available for that area
          Excessive moisture could be just the result of the dispenser door not closing properly and the rusting possibly due to how long it was left to be that way.

G.E. OEM Part #WR49X10086. Will that actually solve the moisture issue?
          Sorry I don't know if that is needed. If nothing else works, possibly.

Also, it says a dispenser control assembly is also needed when installing this part. What is that?
          It is referring to the dispenser control circuit board. I don't know why it is required but maybe newer boards have extra terminals that are required to accept the wiring for the heater?

LINK > GE GSS25JFMCWW Dispenser Control PCB

Dan O.
          Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 06-28-2016, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =