Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral dishwsher issues....

It went from not opening the soap dispenser at times to occasionally not filling with water. It has even run overnight with the the drying element going. Yep, those dishes were dry, alright! What can I do to forensic this machine? Or is it just ready for scrap? Is it a time mechanism or a circuit board that runs this?
    Admiral OWB1000AWE, serial 10392485CE.

Admiral OWB1000AWE
    The model number is likely DWB1000AWE

Originally posted by mrcaptainbob
    What can I do to forensic this machine?
    What have you done so far? I assume this is a followup to your last forum message "Incomplete dishwasher cyce.... "?

Did you at least check the water level after each fill??

Or is it just ready for scrap?
    Someone will have to do some investigation. I suggest looking into one symptom at a time.

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 07-06-2016, 12:51 AM.

Comment

What I did so far: Talked with my wife. She changed the use time from overnight to doing it during awake hours. She said it was dry at some of the cycle times. Also mentioned that at one point the timer spun from start to finish seemingly within minutes. I'll get to it Monday, Dan O. and check each of the cycles. Of course that means I must now learn how to use a kitchen appliance. Could be a dangerous start .....

Comment

mentioned that at one point the timer spun from start to finish seemingly within minutes...
        On a mechanical timer model like you appear to have, that AFAIK is impossible. The timer has only one motor that runs at the same speed all the time unless it failed then would not turn the timer at all.

BTW there is no circuit board in that model.

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Accurate symptoms required

This is a quote from my Appliance411 web site's Helpful Tips section about getting service:

Be Observant. Before placing a service call, make note of when the problem occurs. Note if, for example, the washing machine is noisy on wash or spin or if the appliance has been relocated recently. Have the person most familiar with the problem place the service call.
          Accurate information is an absolute necessity before any kind of reasonable assistance can be given. It would also save a technician's time and possibly reduce the cost of repair should someone need to to be called in to perform the service.

JFYI

Dan O.
          Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Okay, Dan O., it fills but once at the start of the heavy wash cycle. And it does purge. But it does all that only once. The timer clocks through all other wash cycles but lets no water in. When the time reaches the first 'turn-on-the-heat' image just before the rinse cycle it stops. I suspect since there's no water, it can't reach it's needed temp? So, I manually moved the timer a smidge and it continued through the rinse cycle, again with no water, and advanced to the second 'turn-on-the-heat' image. It stayed there. So I just manually clocked it on past to the off location.

Comment

Water valve failure?

I suspect since there's no water, it can't reach it's needed temp?
              That may be possible. I suggest someone look into and correct the filling problem first and see if that solves everything.

The water valves used on dishwashers are famous for working once or twice but then crapping out. The valve's solenoid coil opens after it heats from a previous use. Once heated, a fault in the coil separates internally causing the circuit to open preventing further fills.

Someone can test the fill valve's solenoid coil for continuity when the filling stops. No continuity (i.e. infinite resistance) would be a sure sign of a failure.

LINK > How do I test a water fill valve? -

LINK > Admiral DWB1000AWE Water Fill Valve

JFYI

Dan O.
              Appliance411.com The Appliance Information Site
              =D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks for your help, Dan O. I checked the water level switch and it shows to work fine. The water fill valve, however, shows zero continuity. I trust that may be the problem, but will await your reply.

Comment

I checked the water level switch and it shows to work fine.
                  The float on modern dishwashers is not a water level switch but instead is usually for overflow protection only. It should never be activated under normal conditions but it working (i.e. opening and closing electrically) is good.

The water fill valve, however, shows zero continuity. I trust that may be the problem.
                  No continuity between the terminals of the water valve would indicate the water valve is defective, yes. It should measure at least some resistance.

LINK > Admiral DWB1000AWE Water Fill Valve

Dan O.
                  Appliance411.com The Appliance Information Site
                  =D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 06-29-2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =