Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taisan fuel pump

The house is warm thanks to two 422's, but the one where I sleep got noisy. The solenoid pump made a chirp that sounded like an overstretched spring. I replaced the top part (not the sump) with a used from Ebay, and it got quiet. The sound is coming back. I took apart the top section and found when the piston is depressed as it would be by the solenoid, the 'spring sound' occurs. The heater ran fine otherwise. Anyone had any experience refurbishing the plunger section of the pump? Thanks Gary

Once you have taken the pump apart it is no longer trustworthy. It is a very delicate part and has the potential for disaster. I would not mess with the pump. You can not buy parts for the solenoid or the pump. Monitor did not expect anyone to take it apart. Be very careful there.

Tom

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, Tom. As the springs appeared identical, i only switched their positions - hoping that one had become worn - and reinstalled. Noise gone, heater working great

Comment

I'm glade you were able to get rid of the noise.

Since Monitor heater parts are becoming harder and harder to find, extending the life of your machine is important. One thing you can do to extend the overall life of your machine is to use the Economy Plus feature. If you can handle the large fluctuation in room temperature, the components inside your burner will last much longer. The stove will come on and settle down on low and run until the room temp in 12 degrees over the set temp. This allows the pot and ring to heat up and stay warm for longer. The cycling of the stove from Low to High and then Off causes expansion and contraction of burner components and resultant cracking and warping. Anything you can do to keep this warping down will allow your stove to go longer between overhauls.

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X
        =