Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 422 replacement buttons

My 422 has worn out buttons on the control board. Does anyone know of a replacement part number? I plan on soldering new ones on.

Monitor never made switches for the Switch and Lamp. If you could get them from an electrical parts place, you would have to be very good with a solder gun to replace them.
    The Switch and Lamp part # is 6266. I have seen this part on EBAY.

Comment

The switches are known as tact (for tactile) switches. If you can remove one you might find a manufacturer & part number. Google ENG_CD_2-1437565-2_P5.pdf for a drawing of a similar button. These are through-hole vertical-mount & probably normally-open momemtary close (except for the power button). You might be able to find some other style if it will fit in the same space.

Comment

they look very easy to solder, I just need a source for a part.

Comment

You need to measure the dimensions of one of the switches. They can be 5 x 5 x 5mm or 6 x 6 x ?. You need to find some with the same pin spacing & the same height to the top of the button; length & width aren't so critical as there seems to be room on the board. Check out eBay & Amazon for availability. I think I saw some on eBay for $5 for 10, shipping included, but you should check the dimensions. Allied Radio might be another source, though parts supply houses sell these in quantities of 1000 or more.

Comment

Rob if you are looking for the buttons I think you are I may have some. I have a few boards from a parts machines that I have pilfered a few bottons from to replace broken ones on a machines I have in service, They are not difficult to change if you have any soldering skills.... Little square buttons for the settings etc?

If you can you put up a pic of the buttons you are looking for I can remove 1 or 2 that you can have.

Comment

Heater PCB Repair in North Carolina will over haul your M422 Indicator board for $90.00.

Comment

pic

Originally posted by OnTheEdge View Post
                Rob if you are looking for the buttons I think you are I may have some. I have a few boards from a parts machines that I have pilfered a few bottons from to replace broken ones on a machines I have in service, They are not difficult to change if you have any soldering skills.... Little square buttons for the settings etc?

If you can you put up a pic of the buttons you are looking for I can remove 1 or 2 that you can have.
                here is a picture:
                Attached Files

Comment

Yup, I have a board that has a few left on it. How many do you need? PM me your Address and I will get a few out to you..

Comment

Rob,
                    Give me a day or 2 to remove them and get them in the mail.

John

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =