Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burner mat material

I had an interesting conversation with tech support at Toyo this AM. I was asking about running different fuels in the heaters. The tech noted that when rebuilding the burner pot on the smaller models, that they use a high temperature coating that they paint onto the burner pot where the mat would normally go. 1400 degree coating that they brush on. He said it works well but to not use it on the larger models because he said those burner pots get too hot. Has anyone heard of this?

The coating has been in service for more than 10 years. About 10 years ago L56 started coming out with it. Now, like you state all heaters except the L73 use the coating. Easy to use and cheap if you are doing a lot of heaters. You must let the coating dry for 8 hours or so. It only takes a thin coating to work correctly. Too thick and the coating will blister even if dry. A can costs about $20.00 and will do more than 15 heaters. Part # 20478326. Toyotomi does not put out Service Bulletins for their products. One of their distributors used to but they now only issue a news letter to dealers. You find these things out by talking to a dealer.
    Last edited by hawkins111; 01-31-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Do you think it would work for monitor 21, 422 and 2200 heaters?

Comment

I would not use it unless it was a test. The burner mats on Monitor heaters work just fine. They last as long as the burner ring does and that is all that counts.
        Last edited by hawkins111; 02-22-2017, 03:25 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Working...
        X
        =