Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Water Tank Temp Setting

I had a new natural gas direct power vent hot water tank installed to work with my infloor radiant heating system. On my old one it was hard to tell the temp due to it being a 18 year old tank with a dial type. This one is light controlled, I had it set a 120 but bumped it up to 125 this evening. My understanding is the floor temp for the system is around 110-115. Just wondering if the HWT temp should be around that or a little higher. No kids in the house so me and the wife are aware of being careful turning on showers etc. Very small house, one level 1080 sq feet. Thanks for any info.

I have the temperature of my electric water heater set at about 125* instead of setting it at 140* like most were set at the factory years ago. At 140* when taking a bath/shower you have to mix cold water in to get the temperature right, with mine set at 125* I can either run all hot water or very little cold to make my bath comfortable thus not wasting energy heating water that I'm going to have to cool down with cold water. Likely you'll just have to experiment to find your sweet spot.

Comment

Good points, my main reason of asking is so that my infloor radiant heating works efficiently and the HWT is not too high or too low.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =