Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTW5640XW0 Cabrio Washer motor getting hot

I need some help with a washer that I am working on for a customer. He has a WTW5640XW0 Whirlpool Cabrio Washer...its the vertical modular washer type, not the one with the stater motor. His complaint was that the washer would get stuck in sensing mode and not agitated or fill with water. I troubleshooted the unit using the diagnostics mode, the control board tested ok...and the motor test was ok. I physically tested the motor and found the motor was shorted to ground and you could smell where it had gotten hot. I also tested the capacitor it was a 50uf capacitor...it tested 53uf. I ordered a new motor and replaced it. Washer then worked as it should filled with water and agitated but then i could smell the new motor getting hot as well. suspected the board so i replaced it and the actuator motor as well...also took apart and tested the cam mechanism and removed and tested transmission and replaced seal and tub nut assembly. tried the washer now and it runs fine works as it should only thing is the motor is getting hot...hot to the touch. what could be causing this...i am stumped.&nbsp; need some help!<br>
    <br>
    <br>
Working...
X
=