Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!! 422 Not Heating Properly

Thanks
    You do not need to remove the tank to get the pump out, however you will need a bent screw driver to get the two screws out. I don't think there is anything wrong with the pump. Try to clean out the nozzle port into the burner.

Thanks
    The nozzle at the pot is clean. I removed the pot, cleaned it and put in a new burn mat last winter when the problem started. I've also taken the fuel line off and I can blow through it and feel air at the other end so I know it's not stopped up. The pump is the only other thing I can think of that could possibly be the problem, of course I'm not a Monitor technician so I could be wrong. If you have other ideas I'm interested in hearing them. I'd like to get this heater going so I could either put it back in service or at least have it working in case something happened to the one I have been using. The igniter is working so I know that's not the problem. All the gaskets related to the pot/heat exchanger that were disturbed were replaced. If you don't think this is a pump problem do you think it could be something going on with the circuit board? I've got some 90* screwdrivers somewhere but will have to locate them. I haven't used them for anything is so many years I don't even know which tool box their in now.
    Last edited by FordMan59; 01-12-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Thanks
    In my 15 years of fixing Monitor heaters I have never seen an out of spec pump on a 422 or 441. That being said, the pump could be bad. I have seen a couple of pumps that had burned wiring. Since the pump controller on a 422 is on the main circuit board it is a rather delicate operation to mess with. I have never attempted to adjust a Monitor fuel pump and don't recommend that approach. First of all you need to calibrate the pump. If you find the pump is out of spec., it could be the pump or the main board. The only way to end that dilemma is to change one or the other with a known good part. Kind of a PITA but that's what it takes. Monitor PC Repair can fix your board if that is the problem.

Thanks
    Thanks Tom. I've got both an extra pump and motherboard so I should be able to figure this out with a little work/time with no additional expense. Both of those parts are used. The pump was given to me and the motherboard was bought a few months ago off of eBay. When I get the chance to work on it and figure out what the problem is I'll report it here.

Thread Information