Click image for larger version

Name:	electrodesgaskets (4).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	88036Click image for larger version

Name:	electrodesgaskets (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	88035I bought replacement electrodes for my AFG burner and they appear too short. I took both the old and replacement electrodes apart to see if I could use some of the old pieces to make the replacement electrodes longer, but I could not. I asked the supplier and they say they have been supplying these for years and never hard this before. What an I doing wrong?

Before Im told that home novice user should never do this, i did do it once before years ago. I replace these, the nozzle, the strainer, filter, clean out the chamber, replace the gaskets, get it running so it looks about right, then I pay for someone with the gauges and know how to make sure it is running right.

the gasket looks different too.

tks,
    pa

The new electrode is too short and will not work regardless of what the store guy said. You do need to provide more than AFG burner to get the correct part. The tube length makes a lot of difference as does the flame retention head and nozzle. With the right numbers you should be able to get the right electrode. You should plan on replacing the nozzle whenever you mess with the electrodes. Do you have any info to help you set the electrodes? Beckett has a pretty good site that will help you get the correct numbers.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =