Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sliding Laminate Floating Floor (1 board)

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliding Laminate Floating Floor (1 board)

We had "Click" Laminate flooring installed in our Mfg home over 10 years ago.. One area in hallway has one 36" board that on occasion slips from side to side but the end never comes out from under either side the 1/4 round base moulding.. It is annoying to hear it slide and I am afraid that over time will come loose due to continues movement.. I am reluctant to remove the 1/4 round to glue one end of the board to the adjacent board.. Is there another or easier way to stop this sliding side to side movement of one board?
    Attached Files

Instead of gluing it where it couldn't expand/contract as needed I'd pull the 1/4 round, align the flooring as it should be and put a spacer between the wall and end of the flooring to keep it from sliding toward the wall. Manufacturers of this type flooring suggest having approximately 1/4" expansion room at all walls. If the spacer caused a problem you could always remove it but if the flooring gets glued down it could be hard to get lose and resolve any problems it might cause. I once put some of this flooring down in my mom's house and failed in one place to leave enough expansion room and had to take part of the flooring back out and rework it because where it didn't have the correct amount of expansion room it caused the flooring to buckle.
    Last edited by FordMan59; 03-27-2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Here's a solution you could try to stop the sliding board:
      1. Clean the area around the board and make sure it's free from dirt and debris.
      2. Use a silicone-based adhesive, such as construction adhesive, to apply a small amount to the groove along the length of the board.
      3. Carefully press the board back into place, making sure it's aligned with the other boards. Hold it in place for a few minutes until the adhesive sets.
      4. If necessary, you can use a few finishing nails or screws to secure the board to the subfloor, but be careful not to damage the flooring or subfloor.
      5. Reinstall the quarter-round molding to cover the gap between the flooring and the wall.

If you're still unsure about this solution, it might be a good idea to consult a professional flooring contractor for further assistance.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =