Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spongy kitchen floor

The linoleum in my kitchen (I guess its linoleum). When walked on the floor it feels spongy. suggestions?

Is this a recent event?

Comment

Are you sure the sub floor hasn't been exposed to large amounts of water/moisture of any kind? About the only way to know for sure unless you've witnessed it is remove the linoleum and do a visual inspection. When I had a water heater leak in 2015 I had a large area where water seeped underneath the linoleum and caused damage/sponginess of the sub floor. I had to replace the sub floor in our utility room, large walk in closet and part of a large bathroom. I never saw water on top of the floor because the water was running under a seam in the linoleum between the utility room and walk in closet and was soaking into the sub floor. By the time I noticed the damage there was nothing to do but remove the damaged area and replace it with new materials.

Comment

If the linoleum in your kitchen feels spongy when walked on, there could be a few possible reasons for this issue. Here are a few suggestions to address the problem:
        1. Check for underlying issues: Inspect the subfloor beneath the linoleum to ensure it is in good condition. Any structural damage or moisture issues can cause the linoleum to feel spongy. If there are any problems with the subfloor, it may need to be repaired or replaced.
        2. Assess the condition of the linoleum: Examine the linoleum itself for any signs of wear, tears, or damage. If the linoleum is old or worn out, it may have lost its resilience and cushioning properties. In this case, it might be necessary to consider replacing the linoleum flooring.
        3. Consult a professional: If you're unsure about the cause of the spongy feeling or how to address it, it's advisable to consult with a flooring professional. They can assess the situation, provide expert advice, and recommend the most suitable solution based on your specific circumstances.
        Remember, it's essential to address the issue promptly to prevent any further damage or potential safety hazards.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =