Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with posts and piers in crawlspace

I'm wondering if I need to be concerned about one of these piers that's tilted about 20 - 30 degrees. The post somehow managed to stay vertical; I'm not sure what happened...maybe a flood last year.

The second pier has a 'growth' on it. I've never seen it before and the rest of them look ok.

At some point, I may put some additional house jacks to level and support the house. Would these go on piers too?
    Attached Files

That growth looks like efflorescence. I believe it occurs when the lime leaches out due to moisture intrusion. I do not know if that affects the integrity of the concrete. That leaning pier does not look right. (good). Could well be from flooding. Might be time for a professional with suggestions.

Comment

Piers and Jackposts should be on a solid footing not just an angled base (which yours shows) Dig a hole about a foot deep, 12X12. When it's cured (wait a couple of weeks) then install your posts. If your floor is shifting I would use adjustable floor jacks, that way you can jack up the floor if it starts to sag.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =