Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Genie MachForce screw drive really that quiet?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Genie MachForce screw drive really that quiet?

At HomeDepot, they show the Genie MachForce screw drive garage Door Opener the most quiet garage.
    It list this is much more quiet compare to the Chamberlain B970 belt drive unit?

In San Francisco bay area, I am unable to find a Genie MachForce demo unit to listen to the noise level.

I am to replace a old Genie Model 450 screw drive (2 door in house garage door). This unit has been really noisy.

On 8-1-2018, we went to Overhead Door of Santa Clara Valley, 1266 Lawrence Station Road, Sunnyvale, CA. 94089, 408-734-8010.
    This company is listed as local dealer in Genie web site.
    Talked to the company chief, sitting at the main desk. They claimed they own Genie. I assume he meant Overhead Door owns the Genie Company.
    They do NOT have ANY Genie products or demo there. Their couple hundred square feet show room has no Genie products. They claimed they NEVER heard of Genie MachForce Garage Door Opener.
    They showed me the Overhead garage door opener, 1HP, belt drive. They claim it is quieter than Genie screw drive garage door opener.

Looks like Genie people do not have their act together. I will not have any confidence with their products.
    Last edited by jgy2001; 08-02-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =