Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 422 Burn Pot Drip tube

So last year I rebuilt a friends 2 heaters. A 2200 and a 422

The question I have is I noticed that the 422's Burn Pot did not have an extension for the fuel. My 2400 and his 2200 had a tube with a stainless sheath. I hope I didnt mess his 422 rebuild up! These were new parts. On the 2400 you leave the shipping copper nut on the inlet until the burner is upright so the sheath does not fall off (dont ask me how I know)

So it looked like on the 422 the fuel just gets delivered to the edge of the pot and the newer ones the tube drips the fuel more towards the center?

The 422 does have a inner piece for the nozzle port, it doesn't stick out into the center of the burner. That piece has to be installed or the brass nut will not seal with the fuel pipe.

Comment

Thanks! he says its running great but i have been wondering about that.

Got two 422s that NOW run but the burn patterns say need to come apart. Just missed a new pot on ebay, didnt bid high enuf ... oh well.

Gunna open these 422s up and take a look. Hope to be able to re-use both pots, but expect to replace both burn rings.

From experience have you guys "usually" been able to clean up the pots? The last 4 Monitors I have rebuilt, the FULL kits were under $250 delivered to SE Alaska so it was a no-brainier. burn mats glued down and everything.

But want to do these kinda on the cheap.

Any recommendations on where to get new burn rings? #6181

Comment

Hickory Home and Garden says they still have Monitor parts.

Comment

I was able to clean up the pot in in my 422 and reuse it. The first time it had been in service 16 years. The second time I had to replace the burn mat and it had been in service 6 years. I scraped the carbon out of the pot with a screwdriver then did a fine cleaning with steel wool before gluing in a new mat. If you need a rebuild kit I have a complete kit, pot w/new mat, flame ring and gaskets I'll take $225. + shipping for. I bought it for a spare then found an extra burn chamber/heat exchanger on eBay and don't need the kit I bought prior. The one I bought on eBay had all the parts with it so now I have it assembled and ready to use for a spare if/when needed, just take the old one out slip the new one in and be right back in service

Comment

A needle scaler works very well to clean the carbon out of the burn pots with no damage.

Comment

Originally posted by FordMan59 View Post
              I was able to clean up the pot in in my 422 and reuse it. The first time it had been in service 16 years. The second time I had to replace the burn mat and it had been in service 6 years. I scraped the carbon out of the pot with a screwdriver then did a fine cleaning with steel wool before gluing in a new mat. If you need a rebuild kit I have a complete kit, pot w/new mat, flame ring and gaskets I'll take $225. + shipping for. I bought it for a spare then found an extra burn chamber/heat exchanger on eBay and don't need the kit I bought prior. The one I bought on eBay had all the parts with it so now I have it assembled and ready to use for a spare if/when needed, just take the old one out slip the new one in and be right back in service

Thanks. I got a burn ring from Hickory Home and Garden. I think thats the seller on ebay I got it from. Those burn rings are about $85 now. I got a sheet of that mcmaster cloth and cut a new burner mat. I have the 6114 gaskets for the pot to chamber but I am gunna use a 1/4" fireplace door rope on the bottom of the chamber where it sits on the sheet metal. Might do two wraps.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =