Thread: Removing leveling legs/feet from washing machine.

Thanks {vb:rawphrase post_thanks_given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Removing leveling legs/feet from washing machine.

It's a whirlpool front loader, brand new Duet series. It won't fit under the counter in the utility room, and said counter is built with wood, steel and granite on top. In other words, not modifiable for reasonable cost, much less aesthetics.

I'm considering removing the leveling feet (legs) in order for it to fit under the counter. (Meanwhile, I took the top off so it sorta fits there). If I can't remove the feet safely, I may have to rip up the travertine tiles that are underneath.

I am sure the mfg. would scream and yell to not do so, but the floor is level and very solid.

A.) Are there any tricks to removing same? Do I have to use great force to break them free.?

B.) What are the downsides to removing the legs?

C.) How much do I gain in terms of decreasing the height? They are fully retracted now, but protrude somewhat, though how much I might gain can be determined only by someone who knows, or by pulling the machine out, lifting and measuring. Ugh.

Thanks {vb:rawphrase post_thanks_given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Unhappy Modification of the appliance can void your warranty!

I'm considering removing the leveling feet (legs) in order for it to fit under the counter. I am sure the mfg. would scream and yell to not do so
    And quite possibly void your warranty!

The legs are usually an important part of the suspension system and front load models are very hard on the suspension.

If I can't remove the feet safely, I may have to rip up the travertine tiles that are underneath.
    However you install it, make sure it can be easily removed for service afterward or you might be forced into major construction should service be required.

I do not know the answer to questions A - C. Sorry. I would strongly suggest you not attempt it.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com/
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Thread Information