Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 21 clogged internal tank

My Monitor 21 has shutdown and is not getting fuel, I cleaned the fuel filter to no avail. I use the internal tanks. The reservoir is full and I have a shut off valve on the line from the reservoir to the filter. When I turn on the valve with the filter out, the fuel barely drips out of it. Is there another screen or something in the bottom of the reservoir or in the tube? I have a 422 heater with a similar starving for fuel problem.

Yes there is another filter. It is located in the top of the small reservoir tank under the removable tank. Very fine plastic filter that can get lint on it. There is a spike in the center of the filter that pushes up the valve on the removable tank.

Comment

That screen is ok, the restriction is somewhere in between the tube that runs out of the bottom of reservoir to the filter housing. I am getting next to no flow through it. I have the empty light hooked up so if the reservoir drops it will go off. Any ideas?

Comment

push a fire wire through the tube to clean out any crap inside it.

Comment

I disconnected the line from the reservoir to the fitting in the back of the unit and blew air into the reservoir. I was able to get air through it but fuel barely drips out otherwise. I would think it would be pouring out. I put it back together and the unit is still starving for fuel. I might hook my 5 gallon tank up to it instead of the reservoir and see what happens. I am sick of not being able to use living room.

Comment

The reservoir tank has a stand pipe that is about 1/2 inch high or so, it does not come out off the bottom. You almost have to have the removeable tank installed to get any fuel.

Comment

From your description this doesn't seem to be your problem but a couple years ago my 422 was running on high all the time and the house was staying several degrees below the set temperature. I took the heater apart gave everything a good cleaning, put a new burn mat in and it still did the same thing so I pulled the fuel pump out and on the bottom of the pump there's a screen and mine was covered with lint. I also use capsule tanks and I figure that was just dust, dirt, and lint that had accumulated from changing the tanks and them possibly having dust and lint on the caps of them. I have 4 capsule tanks that I try to keep filled and ready all the time but I've started spreading a towel over them to keep them from getting dusty until I'm ready to put them in the heater. I cleaned the screen, put the pump back in and it's been fine since.
              Last edited by FordMan59; 01-12-2020, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I pulled the fuel pump and the screen inside that is fine. I suppose I will feed the heater with an auxiliary tank to see if it works then.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =