Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running 220v

I need to run 220v power to two air conditioners/heaters. Can I use one line like 110v or do I have to run a dedicated line to each unit?

clint: one line is OK as long as it is adequate for the current demand of the two units.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by clint1965

I need to run 220v power to two air conditioners/heaters. Can I use one line like 110v or do I have to run a dedicated line to each unit?
      AC units generally draw quite a lot of power, especially if they also have heaters.
      You need two seperate circuits.

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
      <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

quote:Originally posted by irregularjoe

quote:Originally posted by clint1965

AC units generally draw quite a lot of power, especially if they also have heaters.
        You need two seperate circuits.

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!

Ya I have to agree with irregularjoe on that one.. Not only will they need 2 circuits because of the power they demand, but its good to have them separate anyways so that a problem in one unit will not cause the breaker to trip and shut down BOTH units!

Comment

Working...
        X
        =