Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Tank Will Not Fill Up

Of all days to have a problem. Company is on the way and the guest bath is acting up! The toliet flushes ok, but the water is barely trickling back into the tank. There is no water coming out thru the little black tube. I turned the water off at the toliet and turned it back on and WA LA...WATER and the tank filled up. The next time I flushed, still very little water trickling into the tank. Any ideas? Thanks for reading my post and I greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Linda

Sounds like there may be some debris in the fill valve (ballcock). Can you describe what it looks like and maybe I can help. My thought is, you might be able to 1. Turn off the Angle Stop. 2. Remove the top of the ballcock. 3. While holding your hand over the top of the ballcock, open the angle stop a little bit to flush any debris through the stop, supply line, and ballcock. 4. Carefully re secure the top of the ballcock and give it a shot. [:I]

Possibly some additional help here: http://www.cyberssite.com/plumbing.h...let%20Problems

Comment

Hello Hawk,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am terrible at descriptions. Here it goes. It is the one piece type where the float and fill valve are all in one assembly. I think its a Flowmaster and was installed about 4 years ago. Does this help?

Thanks!

Linda

Comment

Thanks Linda. I have a Flowmaster exhaust on my truck but I think you mean Fluidmaster so here ya go. Click on the link and see if it id's the problem. http://www.fluidmaster.com/usa.html Click on Pro Flush and then Troublshooting in the top left of the site or http://www.toiletology.com/troubles.shtml . Let me know what happens if and when you have the time.

Dan

Comment

I am having the same problem as of 7/24/04. The toliet flushes but the tank does not fill up. There is a constant drip of water that comes from the bottom of the Pull Rod (?)...there is no water coming out of the bowl refill tube. The tank does fill up, but it takes forever. This problem has been occurring since my association turned off the water to fix a bigger problem in the complex. Once they turned the water back on this re-fill issue started. Also, what does it mean to "turn off the angle stop"? Thanks!!

Comment

When they did the repair they probably knocked off something inside the pipe and water flowing through the complex took this debris with it and will clog faucet strainers etc. There could be some debris gathered in the valve and seat portion of your ballcock. A Fluid-Master ballcock can be taken apart, (some have brass screws, some just unscrew) to access the diaphragm and seat. The Angle - Stop is the valve that comes thrugh your wall which connects via the tailpiece to the bottom of the tank. Just an on-off valve. Take aprt the top portion of the ballcock and turn on the stop to flush out junk in there. Hold your hand over the upper portion or you will have water dripping off your ceiling when you turn on the supply. Then inspect the valve portion and clean it out and then re-assemble it. (Tom)

Comment

Well I tried to fix this issue myself with no luck. I removed the top cap by turning it 1/8 of a turn counterclockwise. There was a white plastic washer type thing that had slits around it's edges--which made getting a coat hanger in it to clean out the tank refill tube difficult--and nothing came out (debris-wise). My question--how concerning is it that the water refills the tank just by dripping out of the buttom of the pull rod? My fear is that the water pressure is getting backed up somewhere and one day I will have a burst pipe or something. Because right now we can technically use the toliet--we just need to wait 1/2 hrs between flushes. Also, if a professional comes in to do this fix--what is a reasonable fee?
              Thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X
              =