Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Deck Oil Products?...

Hi,

I'm getting read to treat my new deck and have heard many people talk about deck oils. I was wondering if any of you have had experience with these and which brands you would recommend (or not recommend).

Thanks in advance.

Tay7lor

You'll want to apply a quality penetrating or epoxy sealer. One that is semi-transparent and has UV and mildewcide inhibitor in it. I've used X100 for the last 10 years and have been very happy with it. Here's a few links that'll give you lots of info about sealers. Make sure your deck is clean and dry before applying any of them. Also make sure your wood has dried out well since it's installation, most woods take between 2-6 months to dry if new pressure treated wood was installed.

I Wood Care - Everything you need to maintain your log home. Log home chinking, Log home stain, Sashco products, Transformation Log & Timber, Log Jam Chinking, Conceal Textured Caulk, Capture & Cascade, Perma Chink, For Sale | Free Shipping | Excellent Support

Comment

If you still need to restore your cedar or log home, deck or fence; we can highly recommend using a product called "Wood Iron". Look in the yellow pages under "Wood Finishing & Restoration" or "Decks-Construction & Maintenance". Personally, from all the people that I've talked to, I've never heard or seen any of the finishes sold at Home Depot or Lowe's work properly. And I've talked to a lot of fellow homeowners & professional wood refinishers. The lesson to be learned here is don't believe what a manufacturer, Home Depot rep or some "professional" folks tell you. Talk to the homeowner themselves who has used the finish your considering and see if they are truly happy with the results. True professionals will be able to give you names of people of whom they worked with in years past when refinishing their home, deck or fence. Talk to these homeowners and then go look at their finished home, deck or fence. Make sure it really lives up to it's claims, even several years down the road. Also note the warranty on the product. If it doesn't offer a money back guarantee, that should tell you something! Trust me, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure here!

Lee

Comment

Working...
      X
      =