Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Sockets Don't Work!

Three electrical sockets in my house do not work! One in each of my bathrooms. Please help, I don't feel like sending a electrician to my house.

Do you think they are all on the same breaker? Have you looked at your breaker box to see if the breaker has been tripped?

Do you have a voltage tester to see if any voltage is getting to those lines?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by handyandy

Do you think they are all on the same breaker? Have you looked at your breaker box to see if the breaker has been tripped?

Do you have a voltage tester to see if any voltage is getting to those lines?
      I tried turning the main power off and back on to try to reset it but still no hope.

Comment

It might still be that an individual breaker is flipped. Sometimes it is hard to tell which one is flipped. You can feel each one, and if any have a little play it has probably been tripped.

You can always go around your house turning off anything that might be harmed by switching the power off (computers, etc) and just flip all the breakers off and back on.

Or do you have fuses instead of breakers?

Also, in one of my bathrooms I have two switches that control the lights and outlets. It took me a long time when we moved in to figure out why the outlet didn't work sometimes! [B)]

Comment

Everything is fixed, thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X
          =