Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Giant ladder - or comparable

Hi all! So the infomercial for the Little Giant is impressive as most infomercials are. Anybody here used one or have one. I'm very interested in quality, less expensive alternatives too. Consumer Reports website incredibly has nothing I could find on ladders.

Thanks very much!
    Michele

Like you , i have watched the informercials a couple times but always wondered if it really did what they hype it to do.

Recently I had opportunity to see a guy use one on a jobsite and I must say, i was very favorable impressed.

I agree the little giant is a bit pricey, but when you consider the versatility and the number of ladders you would normally have to buy to do the same things it is a bargain.

There are a couple folding ladders on the market that are a less, but they certainly don't do what the little giant does.

Comment

I just purchased a Little Giant ladder (#10103W) on Amazon.com with a $25 coupon (ACYSAL4654X6) and free standard UPS ground shipping. The 10103W is a combo Extension ladder ( 11 ft to 19 ft ) and a Step ladder ( 5 ft to 9 ft ) with the work platform included which is a $60 option. Total price delivered is $365. Amazon has a number of models to choose from and they are all discounted.

Comment

I own the Little Giant Model 17 and it's a great tool to have. The nice thing about them is that they can fit nicely in a truck or van. The only down side is that they are very heavy. I've seen and used the comparibles and they are no where near the quality of the Little Giant, you do get what you pay for here. Here's a link to a site that sells them at a good price. Just click on Little Giant on the left hand column. http://www.laddersource.com/

Comment

Lil Giant Ladder

I hate this ladder. I'm a small woman and have found this thing to be far too heavy for me. I have to re-read the instructions every time I use it. For you lightweights out there, this is a mistake.

Comment

Hi,
            I have seen and tried the Little Giant at home shows and my brother owns one as well. I tried my brothers out before deciding if I wanted to go that route for my painting business. I do like how they work, but was able to get one for at least $100 less at Home Depot that did the same thing. There is also pictures of all the positions on the sides (legs) which comes in very handy. However no stand could be purchased for it. But as stated above THEY ARE VERY VERY HEAVY. I find that I usually end up usuing a different ladder unless I need it for working on stairs. They are great for stairwells. In fact they are so heavy, if I move it myself, I end up with black and blues. But I can get it to fit in my Saturn SL1 if I put the back seat down. Jan

Comment

Gorilla

I picked up a Gorilla ladder from Home Repo.

It has all the plusses of the Little Giant at about a third of the price.

Got it about a year ago and very happy with it so far.

Of course, you have to be careful around wires but then that applies with any metal ladder.

I use it for getting up and down from the roof (one story), hanging lights, cleaning gutters and stuff like that.
              Dan

Comment

I love the ladder, but it doesn't eliminate the need for extension ladders like I originally hoped. With extension ladders you can negiotiate the ladder into place place before you extend the ladder fully. With the little giant you have to extend the ladder on the ground and then lift it into place. Try negiotiaging a fully extended 60 pound 22-foot ladder into place when there are trees, decks, and stairs in the way. With two-people it's fine, but for one it's a nightmare. I would still buy the ladder in a heart-beat for replacing 6-foot, 8-foot, and 10-foot a-frame ladders because the ladders also work well on stairs or for setting up scaffolding. But I would not buy it expecting to replace an extension ladder.

And to answer your question, I use the Werner equivelant from Lowes, and I am very happy with it. Almost as good as a Little Giant at half the price.

Comment

Ditto on the Gorilla ladder. Better investment.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =