Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken garbage disposal

my garbage disposal will not run. When I turn it on, I can hear a slight hum. I have tried the reset button and also the broom handle trick. There is nothing stuck in it. Help!!!

Does the disposal turn freely with the broomstick? Or does it stick somewhere along the way?

Comment

the blade seems to be free. i can turn it with my fingers. All I hear is a buzzing noise??? By the way, thanks for your time and help.

Comment

Generally if the blade turns freely, then there is no obstruction. Therefore we start to suspect the the motor is worn out. Might be time for a new disposal. Is there any other information you have that might help?

Comment

nope. not that i know of, but hey, you saved me a lot of money to have someone come out and look at it. I think I'll try to install a new one by myself. so don't go too far!!! thanks again

Comment

Hey Rini,

Please don't stick your fingers in the disposal. It makes me nervous.

Comment

I am always dropping things down there and having to reach for them. If I quit posting you'll know I lost a hand and can't type.
              Try

Comment

Working...
              X
              =