Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Fence reset & repair From Hurricane Charlie

I am looking for some guidance. I have recently had my 1 year old Cypress board on board fence damaged from hurricane Charlie. Most of my damage is from the high winds pushing my fence over. I have two runs of 90’ and one run of 60’. The posts are pressure treated as well as the three cross beams on each panel. The panels are 8’x6’. The insurance adjuster has told me my deductible is higher than the total cost of damages. So my dilemma is that I will have to do the work myself instead of hiring a professional. I think I am up to the challenge; I do have some hand tools and some friends to help.
    But I do not have a clue as to how and where to start. Do I dismantle the old fence and rebuild? Do I push it back over and brace it? How do I brace it? My soil is sandy and each PT post was set in approximately 2’. The soil (hole) has expanded from the wind pushing over the fence. How do I get the hole back to original? Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    [B)]

If the fence is still attached to the posts, you can prop it back up and pack down the soil around the posts. I use a 5' long 4x4 with a handle attached to it to pack the soil. Another problem is that the fence may 'expand' when it was pushed over and you may have to do some disassembly. Good luck.

- Dan

Comment

Attach a rope at the higher end and use your car to pull it back upright. Then in the hole drop some gravel and tamp it into place with the 4X4. Use enough topsoil to fill in the remaining foot or so and tamp this in place. Release the rope and go on to the next one, etc, etc....or get a long enough rope and use the car in the middle and do two posts at a time. Tom

Comment

First,i Would Set Some New Post In Concrete, Then Pull Aprt The Fence In Sections And Apply It To The New Post,

Comment

Working...
        X
        =