Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110 from 220

I know that a 220 line is actually 2 110s. I need the put a second pump in place to feed my pond. I have a 220 that feeds the house.

Is it ok to to pull 110 off one leg of the 220 feeding my big pump? Will this cause any problem to the larger pump cuasing it to burn up. If this can be done, please give me some info!

Thanks

What size feeder do you have for the big pump? If it's #12 then it's sized for the load and fuzed accordingly. How many amps is the small pump? If you want to feed another pump off the same line, then you'll have to install a panel which will contain breakers which will protect the large pump - double pole breaker and a single pole breaker for the smaller pump. Chances are that you'll need to increase the size of your present feeder to supply both pumps. As a minimum I would go with #8-3 type UF with ground. From your main box use a two pole 40 with a common trip. And use another smaller main lug panel at the remote location installing an aux ground bar. Do NOT bond the neutral to the box! Then use a two pole breaker for the big pump and a single pole breaker for the little pump.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =