Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

frigidaire ultra quiet III Dishwasher CLOGGED???

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frigidaire ultra quiet III Dishwasher CLOGGED???

this is only 6 months old...noticed dishes are not getting clean....so I took out the spinny thing and lifted the large ring around the bottom and noticed some yucky water under there...felt around and did not feel any food or anything but alos did not feel a hole or anythign of where the water would go to...but there is definitely abut an inch of water there....I do not have ther manual...trying to find it online...but anyone have any ideas of what is wrong w it?? and how to go about fixing it??? thanks!!

I doubt if there is anything wrong. Dishwashers are designed to retain an inch or so of water in the sump to prevent the motor shaft seal from drying out.

On the older machines the standing water level is very obvious, but on newer machines they designed the sumps deeper so the standing water is not visible.

During normal operation the normal water level is up nearly to be top of the base pan. If the drain line were stopped up their would be 3 to 4 inches of water in the bottom of the machine.

Also, a word of caution. Be extremely careful when feeling around in the sumps as it is common to find pieces of broken glass stuck in the sumps.

Do not remove any of the screws in the bottom of the sump. The main seal and pump/motor mount is accessed by removing some screws there. If you happen to loosen the wrong screws you would run the risk of the pump/motor assembly dropping a bit and all the water will spill out on the floor. To correct that you would have to get a new main seal and disassemble the whole drive mechanism to replace it.

Comment

thanks for the reply....any ideas of why the dishes are not getting clean if that water there is normal? any info would be great!!

Comment

after further investigation, the hose that goes from dishwasher to garbage disposal has water in it..about 3 feet away from the disposal...not sure if this is normal or not when not running???

Comment

First I will discuss the dishwasher drain, then the washing function.

Although all dishwasher drains are required to be connected to an indirect waste, there are some variations in the code in how that is to be accomplished.

The UPC(Uniform Plumbing Code) requires that all dishwasher be connected to an air gap fitting above the flood level rim of the sink.
          The IRC (International Residential Code) does not require the air gap fitting if the the line is connected to a garbage disposal.

In all cases the drain line is to be run up as high as possible under the cabinet and secured in place, then looped down below the point of connection to the drain. The amount of water returning to the dishwasher will be dependant upon the lengt of drain line from the machine to the top of the high loop. The loop should be fairly close to the machine. (The intent is to create a high loop trap to prevent waste water from the sink from backflowing into the dishwasher which could contaminate it.)

If you have a garbage disposal the dishwasher drain line is required to be attached to the dishwasher drain input port on the upper part of the disposal. (Under no circumstances may a dishwasher drain be attached to the drain line downstream of a garbage disposal.)

There are no valves on the dishwasher drain so when the pump stops running it is common for the water on the dishwasher side of the high loop to settle back into the dishwasher.

If you are getting odors in the dishwasher you can periodically sanitize it by pouring a small amount of laundry bleach in the sump between usages.

Most modern dishwashers do not require pre-rinsing the dishes, however care should be taken to scape excess foodstuffs off the dishes when loading.

Improper loading is one of the leading causes of incomplete washing. Absolutely do not overload a dishwasher. It will restrict the internal water flows required for proper washing. (Consult the owners manual for loading instructions)

If you dishwasher has a swing arm spray mechanism, check it to be sure it turns free. On the outer end of the swing arms there are small ports that work like jets to propell the swing arm. Check the ports to insure they are not obstructed.

For proper rinsing dishwashers require very hot water, often in the range of 180deg F.
          The plumbing code limits residential water heaters to 125deg.F unless anti-scald valves are installed on the showers.

Most dishwashers have a boost heating element to insure proper water temperature but some dishwashers have an energy saver feature that disables the water heater element. Try operting the dishwasher with the energy saver switch in the OFF position.

Dishwashers require a special low sudsing soap. Consult your owners manual for the manufacturers recommendation.

The soap level in dishwashers is critical. If you are getting cloudy spots on the glass ware reduce the amount of soap and be sure to use a rinse agent.

Comment

I bet you don't have an air gap on that dishwasher and the gunk is flowing back towards your dishes. I would suggest installing one. Also make sure your temperature on your water heater is set at around 140 degrees, hotter water is needed to get your dishes clean. Also using a rinse agent will help. Here's a link showing how to connect an air gap to your dishwasher.

Comment

thanks so much for your replies!! not sure if I have an air gap.....but it does go to garbage disposal....well last night I read my manual and I DO THINK i was over loading the dishes and not having the hot water up high enough...I cranked up my water heater then I loaded the dishes CORRECTLY and I was amazed how clean they got!!!! LOL

so I truly think that is what i was not doing...plus I have never used a rinse aid..so I am gonna pick some of that up too...ty again

Comment

frigidaire ultraquiet dishwasher cycle....

My dishwasher hits the "rinse" portion of the cycle right before the "dry" portion and won't stop rinsing unless I physically move the dial. How do I fix this????

Comment

Working...
                X
                =