Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermostat not working

in 01/03 I replaced my thermostat with a honeywell ct3611r4450. I have a/c with a heatpump and aux heat at the air handling unit. the thermostat worked fine until 07/03. I had the thermostat set to cool for a week then turned it off. I went to turn the thermostat back on to cool and the display was blank. Being it was a new thermostat I checked the power output at the step down transformer at the air handling unit 27vac. So I replaced the thermostate and base with a new honeywell ct3611r4455. As I was pluging the display into the base the display blinked on and off as if a loose connection then stopped. as I was starting to program the thermostat it went blank. I called Honeywell and they stated that there is a power problem between "c" and "r" but there is power. Any ideas on what to look for and how to resolve the issue.

You have power at the transformer. But do you have power at the Thermostat? IE: broken wire? How long has it been since you put in new batteries?

16x80

Comment

yes I have power at the thermostat. 27vac between "C" & "R" (C=common, R= power)with thermostat pluged into base. This thermostat gets it's power from the transformer there is no batteries in the thermostat. also when i jumper between "R" & "G" or "R" & "Y" the fan or the compressor starts up (G=fan relay, Y= compressor)

Comment

p.s. jumpered at the base

Comment

Sorry for my delay, I have been doing some remodeling of my own!

fxdwg94rider

In all my experience if you jumper out the wires and things work fine the problem lies in your thermostat not your equipment. Do this go buy your self a cheap Mercury bulb thermostat and try it. The digital ones are new for the most part. The Mercury ones have been around for ages and I always tell my contractors to try it before they bring back a digital for warranty. If you find that the Mercury bulb thermostat works then your digital is at fault.

I have not been a fan of Honeywell, But the White Rogers brand that I sell rarely comes back under warranty!

16x80

Comment

Working...
          X
          =