Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

alternatives to Brick-Anew for fireplace?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternatives to Brick-Anew for fireplace?

Hi, guys!

I am new here, and sure could use some help. I have fallen in love with the look that Brick-Anew seems to give, but for $170+shipping I keep thinking that it looks like just some sort of paint technique! I inquired what you get for that price, and the response was "5 shades of paint, tools (paint tray, rollers, brushes, sponge, etc.), and a step by step video that shows you exactly what to do."

Well, I already have all the basic painting materials (paint, brushes, rollers, sponge, rag, etc). I feel like basically the trick to Brick Anew is probably just knowing *what* to do. It feels a bit like a rip off to pay so much for rollers, sponges, and such.

I'm wondering if anyone has any alternatives, or a way to duplicate the look, of Brick Anew? (The one I really like is Frosted Sunshine--I'd provide a link, but their site at www.brick-anew.com is currently down.)

Thanks for any info, guys.

-Brian

I did a fabulous job on a friends fireplace. First I used a water-based primer to hide all the scuffs and ash. Then I used a nuetral biege color and covered the brick completely grout and all. I went over that with sponging bits of brick red and moss green very lightly only on the brick surface not the grout. you can use what ever colors you like. Then using a several rags I white-washed the entire finish with 1/2 cream color latex and 1/2 water. I white-eashed on an area about 2ft x 2ft then wiped it off. It came out incredible! Looks so real the owners couldnt believe that their boring white fireplace could look that good. Good luck and I will try to get a picture soon!

"I can do anything I put my mind to!" Robin Mathews
    \"I can do anything I put my mind to!\" Robin Mathews

Comment

Here it is

[/quote]

\"I can do anything I put my mind to!\" Robin Mathews

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, do you have any pics? Would love to see it!

Comment

Working...
        X
        =