Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garbage disposal

Hello Everyone well I have a badger garbage disposal it seems that one of the blades is not moving it is making some noise I put my hand in there and there is nothing in there.Can anyone help me.I dont want anyone to come out and look at it if it is something easy to fix dont want them to think I am a dumb blond.Thank you and have a great day I hope that someone can help me as soon as they can for I need to get ready for work soon. Bye

mary

Welcome to the Home Repair Forum

Its seems to be a busy week for disposals!

You say it making some noise and one of the blades is not moving? Does the disposal spin? Or just hum?

16x80

Comment

I too am having trouble with my Badger disposal, it hums and sucks power, but won't spin. A couple of years ago, the maintenence guy showed me a reset button on the thing, but for the life of me, I can't find it ANYWHERE!

Help?

When in doubt; Dance!

Comment

tigger

Welcome To the Home Repair Forums

Its on the bottom, along with a hole in the middle to stick an allen wrench to help unjam it!

16x80

Comment

Thanks! I'll try it.

When in doubt; Dance!

Comment

Thank you soooo much. I have a Badger 5 garbage disposal and the blades wouldn't turn, it would just hum and then shut off after a minute. The disposal was completely empty. I found the reset button, but that would just let me repeat the cycle. I read what you wrote about the allen wrench and it took me under a minute to get it fixed. It's working great, thanks. You rock!!!!

Comment

I am having the exact same problem with a Badger 1 unit. The unit hums for about 5 seconds and then turns itself off, blades don't spin. I reached in there and couldn't find anything blocking it. Resetting the unit just repeats the cycle. I couldn't get it to budge with an Allen wrench so that would seem to indicate there is some sort of blockage but I can't for the life of me figure out where. Anything else I can try?

Comment

Woo hoo. I have officially fixed my first garbage disposal... I should celebrate. I still have no idea what was blocking the blades but after throwing some muscle behind the Allen wrench, I am back in business. :-)

Comment

UCJefe,

Congratulations! That is what the forum is all about. Just make sure to help the rest of us when we have questions

Welcome to the forum!
                  Try

Comment

I have a badger 5 inch disposal in a new home and I am having problems with one of the teeth/prongs. The builder installed it so I have to fix it myself or go through the manufacturer. One of the teeth/prongs is loose and makes a loud noise and sometimes gets stuck, I have to turn the disposal backwards then it will work. Is there a way to tighten these and if not, can anyone help me contact Badger or whoever makes this disposal, it has to be under warranty.
                    Thanks for any help.

Comment

bamabama

Welcome to the Home Repair Forums

Your unit has a one year warranty form the date you closed on the house. As for repair it may be possible to fix that unit but mainly they just replace them as a whole when they go bad depending on the failure. Try this page to find a dealer near you http://insinkerator.know-where.com/insinkerator/

Hope this helps

16x80

Comment

Yesterday, my in sink disposal suddenly have the exact same problem, hum, no spin, after one minutes, hum stopped, red button released; after pushing the red button back again, repeat the cycle, please help me on figuring out how to make it work again?

thank you in advance!

Comment

Text
                          I have a Waste King SS5000. The turns, but sounds loose. I put a socket on the retaining nut and it's solid with the motor, but the turntable isn't. I would think the turntable would solid like the retaining nut. Can anyone help?

Comment

my blades turn freely ,,but it still wont drain ,,and if i run the dishwasher it backs up the sink also ,,i unscrewed the plug to the pipe ,,nothing there ,,all that got me was two loads of wet towels to wash ,,and yes i turned the water off first ,,ive tryed the reset button ,,nothing happens ,,help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi angel_in_hiding01850

If the Disposal won't drain then you either have a blockage in the lower part of the disposal(drain chamber) or (usually) the drain line from the Disposal is blocked.

If you have a double sink then the pipe from the Disposal to the drainer side is blocked. The pipe can be cleaned out with a sink plunger.

Try this:
                              1 Remove the Dishwasher vent cover (the chrome or gold plug on the sink top) to expose the plastic vent, cover this with a latex glove and replace the cover.
                              2 Plug the drainer side of the sink with either the stopper or wet rags held in place.
                              3 Quarter fill the Disposal side of the sink with water. Now get your plunger ready, next flip the Disposal on and use the plunger to pump like crazy. The combined efforts of the suction from the Disposal and the plunger is usually enough to break the blockege in the drain pipe. Don't panic if the latex glove on the Dishwasher vent starts to "breathe" in time with the plunges.

If this clears the pipe, well done, don't forget to run water down the Disposal for at least 30 seconds to flush away the debris.

If it's still blocked you with have to remove the drain pipe and manually unblock it sometimes the connector from the Disposal pipe to the main drain gets blocked remember to check there as well. I've been an Maintenance Manager for several years and I've never seen a blocked Disposal drain chamber, it's usually in the pipework.

Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              =