Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Built In Pantry (If You Like A Lot Of Work!)

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built In Pantry (If You Like A Lot Of Work!)

The built-in pantry below was much needed in our home. We were very short on food-storage space - we were using a linen closet and it was packed to the brim! I have not posted detailed plans for this anywhere but here is basically what I did to build it:

1. Construct 3 square boxes out of 2x4's fastened to ceiling, floor, and wall between top and bottom levels.
    2. Construct & fasten side panels using birch plywood and pine using dado joints.
    3. Construct doors, tops, & bottoms with birch plywood and pine. I used glued dado joints on the sides.
    4. Finish with pine. When finished, the 2x4's are completely covered.
    5. Used glued aspen boards as shelving - amazingly, after 3 years they still don't sag.
    6. Finished with natural stain and solvent base polypropylene. Many coats!

It is very sturdy and looks nice. In the end, however, it probably cost close to $700. After finishing it, I found a very nice 6' pantry for $800 although it would not have held as much. I suppose it would cost quite a bit to hire a person to build what I built. It took me well over 2 months of weekends to finally finish this thing!

Drywall Taping & Finishing For Beginners
    How to tape and finish dryall. Tutorials and videos for taping joints and drywall repair.
    http://drywallinfo.com

I'll bet it was a lot of work, but nice finished job! Thanks for posting the pics, and welcome to the forum!

Try
    Try

Comment

Thanks Troy!

How to tape and finish dryall. Tutorials and videos for taping joints and drywall repair.
      http://drywallinfo.com

Comment

Working...
      X
      =