Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat Experts needed

Hello

I have just purchased a house that contains two thermostats which control one a/c unit (located outside). Pardon my description as I know nothing about HVAC. The house is almost built and I have not moved in yet.

The two thermostats are analog, I would say. They have a lever which one must adjust the temperature with. Well, I dislike that, and would like to put in a digital thermostat so I can put an actual number to the temperature.

How do I go about doing this without hiring a company to rip me off? I am pretty crafty and good with my hands. I am a computer engineer by trade. I can solder and work on PCB's...etc...

Is it as simple as buying a digital thermostat and plugging it right in?

Holyearth

Welcome to the Home Repair Forum

As for your thermostat dilemma! You have what they call a Zoned set up. Each Zone works the unit independently. I would have to say that by your description you have two Mercury Bulb thermostats.

You should be able to buy two digital thermostats and wire them color for color and be just fine.

Be sure to ask about warranty and return policy just in case you happen to buy the wrong thing.

Hope this helps, If you need any more assistance feel free to come back and ask.

16x80

Comment

Working...
    X
    =