Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture

I have an older house, built in the early 1970. I have a huge moisture problem, during the winter the windows stay covered in moisture and the walls seem to sweat. The air even seems to have alot of moisture in it. I have purchased a de-humitifer, which has seem to help a little with the wall sweating, but the windows are still covered. Any suggestions would help.

Windows sweating are a sign of too much humidity in your home, do you have exhaust fans in your bathroom to exhaust to the outside? Do you have your dryer vent exhausting outside? Do you have alot of plants in your home? Do you cook with boiling water alot? Are you using any sort of vent free heating system in you home? This can add a ton of moisture. Here's a link that'll help with other sources.

Comment

I'm having the same problem with my home.. The humidity is so bad some of my walls have mold.. It's 70%+ humidity in the house.. Ouch.. I think the norm should only be 40-50%.. I'm going to try a couple of things.. Since my house is un-insulated.. I'm going to add insulation to the walls and at the same time I could check to see if theres any water leaks within the walls.. That should limit the condensation on the walls.. I'm also looking for a dehumidifier (sp?).. I read that it could help some what.. I just hope it's not a busted pipe from under the slab that's causing moisture to rise up from the ground..

Comment

Working...
      X
      =