Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 of 3 outlets on circuit not working

I have a circuit in my house with 1 GFI and two outlets on the load side. A refrigerator is plugged into one of the outlets on the load side. The GFI has tripped frequently over the years, about once every three months. Today the refrigerator stopped working but the GFI was not tripped. I plugged the refrigerator in elsewhere, it is working. I replaced the GFI, it works, but the outlet where the refrigerator was is still not working, yet the other outlet on the load side works fine. I do not know if the working outlet comes before the non-working outlet on the circuit.

Any ideas? Need more info? Please help.

Rich

The first thing you need to do is to install a new circuit entirely dedicated to the refrigerator alone.

Modern electric codes do NOT allow for a refrigerator to be on a circuit shared with any other outlets, switches, or appliances.

Once you install a new dedicated circuit for the refrigerator, you can try to replace the outlet(s) that apparantly have gone bad and/or check to make cure you do not have wiring to that outlet(s) that have come loose or burned off from a short circuit.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =