Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole House Humidifier

I installed a Honeywell 220 humidifier yesterday. As I understand the manual, the unit should only draw water when the furnace blower in running, but this morning I heard water running and lo and behold it is drawing water and the furnace is not blowing. Any ideas? The installation wiring diagrams were rather confusing as there were 3 (one each for the humidifier, installation kit, and a video) and each was slightly different. Last night it appeared to be running correctly (only drawing water when the blower was on).

Go over the schematic that you wired it in with. Should only run when blower is on. Take and draw your own wire lay out on paper first that works good . Think how the 110V power works

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.
    My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

Whenever I turn the humidistat to over 35%, the water begins to run even without the fan blowing

Comment

quote:Originally posted by imeduc

Go over the schematic that you wired it in with. Should only run when blower is on. Take and draw your own wire lay out on paper first that works good . Think how the 110V power works

Comment

sail switch problem

Your sail switch is either mounted upside down or you removed or did not remove the correct spring and thus the switch is in a constant on setting.

"The Sail Switch activates an electronic air cleaner, a humidifier, or other equipment in response to airflow from the system fan. The S688A is mounted in the return air duct where the sail will be in the direct path of an unrestricted air stream."

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyis4dcats
            Whenever I turn the humidistat to over 35%, the water begins to run even without the fan blowing

It knows that the humidity level is low, but there is no need for heat at that time. The humidifier doesn't have the capacity to know how to or even if the blower is running - all it knows is that the humidity level is not correct, so it is trying to correct it.

Do you understand - one thing that you could do is leave the fan on, or just realize that this is going to happen.

Brandon
            - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Comment

Working...
            X
            =