Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water channel over outbuilding door

Hello,

I have a detached garage that I usually spend more time in than I do the house. It does not have gutters on it. When it rains -even lightly -it's impossible not to get soaked when exiting the building.

I've seen L-shaped brackets or channels (don't know what to call them) that can be placed over doorways to direct most of the runoff from that area.

Can someone give me some info on where I can find a section of this and how I would go about attaching to the roof above the door?

Thanks. -Gary

Contact any local siding installer or sheet metal shop and they could custom break those for you in a few minutes.

Comment

I have a nice section of 18 guage stainless that is L-shaped. Would that work? I would probably drill some holes through it for the nails, but how would I go about attaching it to the roof so it doesn't cause a leak?

Thanks. -Gary

Comment

You could probably use the U shaped metal, however I would prefer to make a drip edge flashing with a water channel.

Comment

The best is weld!

Comment

In all probability if the rain channels were formed at a sheetmetal shop they would be made of galvanized sheet metal. While soldering galvanized sheet metal is fairly easy, welding would not be a good idea.

Welding any metal with a galvanized coating will release toxic fumes from the zinc and should only be attempted by experienced welders who have the proper respirators and safety equipment.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =