Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patio with trees in my way

Ok, here's my delimma...On the west side of our house we have about 10 feet between house and fence. We have nothing there, there's ivy everywhere. We want to lay down a brick patio, put up a privacy fence, adn take down the chain link fence that separates it from back yard, and put up a small gate. We want to put our grill and chairs there. The only problem is, is that all along that side of the house, we have 4 large Silver Maple trees, that drop twigs and limbs like a dog sheds a winter coat. So if we do this we are going to have to always be cleaning the limbs off. What would be a good idea for something to put up as an overhead cover? I thought maybe some (painted maybe?) 2x4's, on the 2" side, going from just under eave of house to fence, with the small chicken wire or something on top of it, and have some vine climbing flower underneath, to kinda block the view of the mess that will be on top? I just hate to see all that area go to waste, and bc of all the tree shade adn mess they produce, we do nothing over there. If I can get a pic, I will post it. But I dont mind getting a ladder every few weeks and clean off top, bc thats better than always having to sweep the patio to even be able to walk across it...!! Any suggestions would be appreciated, sorry so long.

Before you begin your project check your local zoning laws carefully. Most communities have a setback ordinance to insure a clearance to move firefighting apparatus that says no portion of a structure may be within ten feet of the property line. They permit fencing, but in an emergency the fire department could quickly knock a fence down.

In this state even a fence must be erected a minimum of 6" inside the property line.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =