Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring Cement

[?] I have just purchased some land and wish to place a doublewide mobile home on the property. I plan to have this house mounted on a 6 inch deep slab of concrete. I also would like to have a patio and 2 sidewalks put in. Does anyone know what formula to use to order cement? The house measures 56 feet by 28 feet. The patio I would like is 17 feet by 17 feet. One sidewalk would be 56 feet by 6 feet and the second sidewalk would be 30 feet by 3 feet.

Also, would anyone have an estimate as to how much cement costs per yard? The cement would be delivered by truck. Thanks

Technically speaking, cement is a mixture of portland cement, sand and lime and is used as a mortar.

With the addition of gravel or other aggregate it is then classified as Concrete which is poured for stuctural foundations,walls, ceilings , walkways, roadways etc.

Concrete is sold by the Cubic Yard.

The formula is basically easy..

lenght times width equals square footage.

square footage times thickness of pour equals cubic feet.

3" pour is .25ft.
    4" pour is .33ft
    6" pour is .5 ft.

one cubic yard is 3'x3'x3' = 27cu.ft.

divide total cubic feet by 27 to find total cubic yards.

I have worked out your dimensions and illustrated it below.

Concrete prices vary greatly from one location to another as well as delivery fees. The best suggestion would be to look in your phone book and find a local batch plant supplier, then call them.

You should also get pricing on fiberglass reinforced mix or wire mesh for the slabs.

Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your detailed answer. I really appreciate your help with this....

Comment

Working...
      X
      =