Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television audio...

I'm sure there are devices out there to do this, I just need a starting point. I want to take audio from my television (or vcr) and wirelessly listen to it on headphones.

Here's the situtation: my shop is in the basement, and we use a couple of industrial sewing machines. If I turn the TV up high enough to hear over the noise of the running machine, it can be heard clearly upstairs, which disturbs the family, especially around bedtime.

Direction, search terms, anything like that?

Measure with a micrometer
    Mark with a crayon
    Cut with an axe.
    Bill in Kansas City, MO

Measure with a micrometer
    Mark with a crayon
    Cut with an axe.

There's alot of devices that you can use, just do a search on google for wireless headphones and you'll come up with alot of choices. Just make sure that they all have a range that'll reach to your basement. Here's a few to look at:

Comment

Two places come to mind. Abra Electronics in Champlain NY and Allelectronics.com in California. AllElectronics is a surplus store but you might find a small fm transmitter to connect up your audio and broadcast within your home. Abra's got some kits that serve this purpose.

Comment

Radio Shack has a couple wireless headset units that could be adapted to this application as well.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =