Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Radiators

I just bought an old house with radiators. Can I paint them with the same paint that I used on my walls? Or do I need something special?

Usually the radiator doesn't get hot enough to adversely affect the paint. Oil based paint can discolor over time, so it might be best to use a latex paint. Other than that, I have found no information....

Welcome to the forum!

[:X]

Comment

When we had radiators, we painted them with latex high gloss and it lasted for years. The radiators put off alot of heat and it didn't affect the paint at all.

T

Comment

Do the radiators need to be primed prior to painting them and will this coating affect its ability to put out heat

Comment

If the radiators have never been painted, they probably should have an oil based metal primer on them first. After that you can put on whatever topcoat you like. Handyandy is right about oil-based top coats discoloring, but you're probably using latex for your walls and trim anyway.

You can also get a bent paint brush (looks like a small hockey stick) or a thin roller that will make the job much easier.

leone184
          leone184

Comment

Working...
          X
          =