Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• built in speakers.

My partner and I just pruchased a home. We began stripping the walls in the dining room to repaint. When we got the old paper/paper/paper/paint/paint layers off, we decided the plaster walls were in too poor shape to try to salvage. So, we are drywalling.

My question is, I would LOVE to have in the wall (or ceiling) speakers. Can we run these lines for the future use? We are going to be working from room to room, and may not get to the next room until several months after completion of the current room.

If anyone can offer advice, or suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

You can run good quality 10 Gauge speaker wire from one location to another terminating in a new work wallcase with 1/4 inch jacks. Then to operate the speakers and amp use 1/4 inch patch cords between the equipment and the jacks.

Comment

I have run audio ciurcuits in a new house using 1/4" phone jacks interconnected from room to room - channel A and B so you could connect speakers at any point and still get the stereo separation between them. In one room you'd have your equipment connected to the matrix using a 1/4" inch plug per channel. So that signal would be at ALL the channel A terminals. So one speaker would be at say 8 ohms impedance. If you connected another speaker along the same line, it would be another 8 ohms in parallel which would lag down your system so you'd have to calculate an appropriate resistor to insert in the line to bring the impedance back to 8 ohms,
      Total Resistance would be 8 ohms in parallel divided by 2 or 4 ohms. A 4 ohm resistor would be have to included in series to bring the impedance back to 8 ohms. Some systems are forgiving, other not.

Comment

How will i know hen it is done?

| | |

Comment

Working...
        X
        =