Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you take credit cards?

(To set the stage for this conversation I would have the reader know that my hubby and I teach our beginning faux finish classes on the weekends on a regular basis...

Ok, it's a Friday afternoon, a little after 6pm. Dan and I are standing around with a group of guys on a construction site just shootin' the breeze before heading to the house for the night.)

The foreman says "Man I've got two days with nothing with to do. I'm bored."

Well, ever the single-minded enthusiastic teacher, I announce:
    "Hey! I can keep you busy for a couple days, and it'll only cost you about 500 bucks!"

Dead silence. I mean you could have heard a pin drop. He's looking at the ground, the guys in the group are suddenly diligently studying the trucks around us, their fingernails, the shoes of the guys next to them...anything to keep from looking at me or Dan. Then the chuckling begins...

Was I tuned in? No- oh no. I continue...

"Sure! This is a GREAT way to make a living, I'ld be happy to teach you how to do it too. Dan's the best I've ever seen-he could show you things you never thought of!"

Now the other guys are have turned around and are checking out the far horizons (Why are they doing that? Are they laughing?!)

Then Dan (my husband) begins to laugh. Then he begins to snort. I mean he's got tears in his eyes and is having trouble breathing by this time...

Finally, Walt inhales deeply, and with obvious effort to keep from grinning looks up at me and with a twinkle in his eye says, "Do you take credit cards?"

The light goes on finally! I don't think I've ever turned so red in my life...I'm glad these guys know me as well as they do!

Amanda
    Welcome to Artistic Illusions, where imagination is given life through the innovative skills of artist and owner Larry Anderson.
    Amanda
    www.artisticillusions.com

Kind of reminded me of that joke where that lady anchor person on Channel 7 turns to the weatherman and says,

"So Bob...where was that eight inches you promised me last night?"

Was she talking about snow? Only SHE knows for sure. Or maybe Bob does.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =