Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show enclosuer

I want to install a new shower enclosure. I know a one peice will not fit through the bathroom door. But it doesn't look like a two peice will fit either! The length on the new 2 peice enclosure is about 48 inches long and 33 wide (if I remember right).

However, my bathroom door is only 24 inches! I may get an extra few inchs if I remove the door jam.

This is a pretty standard insert, and pretty standard door! What am I missing!

Also, will the drain hole for my old shower basin (plastic) be the same as the new shower enclosure? I'm[?][?] just wondering if this stuff is fairly standard or not. It seems these encloses com in 48 and 60 inch standard sizes, the 48 would seem to fit me perfectly - assumeing the drain holes line up.

Thanks!

from http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...er/print.phtml:

"For a retrofit installation, a 2- or 3-piece model is best. Usually, access to a bathroom is limited and a 1-piece unit will not fit through a normal bathroom door. A multipiece shower can be brought into the room in sections and then assembled in place, thus eliminating the need for what can be extensive demolition work. "

If the drain hole doesn't match, can you replace with pvc and make it work?
    Try

Comment

Working...
    X
    =