Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "big blue" water filter - wall bracket

I bought another big blue to put between my main water source and the water softener and it comes with a bracket to mount it to a wall. In my case this is a concrete in my basement. The bracket comes with 8 screws - 4 for the bracket to filter casing and 4 for the bracket to wall. I've never attached anything to a concrete wall before, any suggestions of what I will need, etc.? Will I need special screws / anchors? Will I need a special drill bit to drill the concrete? I'm going into Home Depot shortly so I think they will be able to answer my questions but I thought I would quickly try here first.

Cheers, Max

My preference would be TAPCON masonary screws.

To install the screws you would need the appropriately sized pilot bit. Drill a hole with the pilot bit and insert the TAPCON screw in the same manner as a conventional screw.

You can get both the screws and pilot bits at any local hardware or home supply center.

When using the larger size screws I prefer to select the ones with a hex head which can be tightened with a nut driver or socket wrench.

Comment

Thanks LP, I'll check that out tomorrow. I got everything else I need for the project. Guess I'll be sweating soon.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =