Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Out There?

This forum is pretty dead[V]

Alex351..I can assure you that it is very seldom that any topic goes unanswered on this forum, however, the question you previously posted was in regard to peoples experiences with composite decking. In all fairness composite decking is the new kid on the block when it comes to building materials, therefore it is highly unlikely that many people have had it long enough to truely formulate an opinion.

I must admit that I am like you, I have seen it in the supply center but I have no firsthand experience with it, so i would be hesitant to venture a comment, other than to express a couple concerns. I have wondered how well the finish holds up in high traffic areas. Conventional wood decking can be refinished rather easily, but how do you restore the luster on the plastic once the surface has been repeatedly abraided by shoes scuffing dust and sand over it?

Comment

Did not mean to offend---just thought this section would have more traffic this time of year

Comment

Composite materials are new to the block. For decking it seems to excel over wood insofar as maintenance and insect control. However upon reading further into it - for exposed to the weather decking boards it's excellant but don't rely on the composites for any support structure. It just doesn't have the strength needed for joists or support posts.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =