Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stucco(?) peeling

Hello, I have a problem on the exterior stucco(?)-- not sure if it is called that The outside walls have several places where you can see a bubble and if you touch it, the "stucco" breaks and crumbles. What is the cause of this? How do you repair and prevent it from happening again. Please help! New homeowner here!

Thanks!

Moisture has gotten behind the area and has frozen, then thawed giving you the bubble. The stucco is a three layer process. A metal lath is applied to the sheathing, rough mortar is applied, then a finish mortar layer is applied and "brushed" out exposing some fine aggregate, then painted.
    If the wall is reasonably dry - I would try using a product called LEVEL-LASTIC. It's mostl;y used for levelling floors but should work on walls - can be trowelled to an eigth inch thick with no shrinking.

Comment

Hi HayZee, Thanks for the replyI tried searching for the "levelastic" over at home depot, but did not find it. Is that the real name of it or is that a generic name? Can you give me a brand name? What do you think of using the premixed Stucco patch, would that also work? Thanks again for the input!

Comment

Ask for a portland cement based leveller at home depot - maybe if you described it as a portland product with a latex binder they'll know what you're talking about. Level - lastic is a brand name.

Comment

Hi HayZee... Thank you for the information that you provided, I have repaired the problem spots. Is there a way I can prevent this from happening again? Thanks again!

Comment

Try to find areas where the moisture has gotten behind the stucco skin. Seal it as best you can.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =