Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our baby's nursery

Thanks {vb:rawphrase post_thanks_given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Here's where we started on our block wall.

We decided we wanted to go with 7 colors, so I divided the wall up accordingly. Made 7 columns, with 5 rows. With the pattern we chose, I realized that it would be impossible to finish all colors at once.

Had to tape off all blocks of one color at a time. I couldn't start on another color, as every color would touch those first blocks at some point. So this wall took a couple days. I'd paint one color, then pull the tape off before the paint dried. Then give it a few hours before taping off the next color.

It was a job, but we're very happy with the way it turned out.

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Any help is appreciated, but you're right....the same thing happened with us after this last house purchase.....

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Here are pics of the completed project. Well, not totally finished, as I still have to put the final coat of paint on the doors, and need to repair the sheetrock that I busted out as I was installing the bookcase(which I made as well).

The only thing I had to pay someone to do was lay the carpet. That was money well spent IMO, as I have no experience at all doing that.

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Looks good Jake, I like to see folks restore older homes. I like the fact that you replaced the windows with the appropriate size. It's a pet peeve of mine to little windows where big windows go.

Nursery colors are nice, she'll probably like those when she's a little older, too.

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    quote:Originally posted by Marvelsaws

Looks good Jake, I like to see folks restore older homes. I like the fact that you replaced the windows with the appropriate size. It's a pet peeve of mine to little windows where big windows go.

Nursery colors are nice, she'll probably like those when she's a little older, too.
    Thanks for the kind words, Marvel. We're excited about fixing up this old place. The dining room is next. I had actually started on it, but had to put a halt on it when we found out we were pregnant. I had already built a tray ceiling & ran the wires for the recessed lights in the dining room, so I have a bit of a head start. I'll post those pics as well once I get started back on that project. We hope to use this room as our permanent nursery, so I'll have to make her another room when the next kid comes along. Again, thanks for the props.

Jake

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Very, very nice! Thanks for taking us through from the start to the very fine finish!

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    quote:Originally posted by mrcaptainbob

Very, very nice! Thanks for taking us through from the start to the very fine finish!

It was my pleasure, Captain. I'm pretty proud of the job & just wanted to show off a little bit. But I also wanted people to see what you can do with an old beat up house. I wish I had pictures of the room before I started, but we had not purchase our camera yet. I will be documenting each room from now on, though!

Thread Information