Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well pump losing prime

I have a shallow (dug) well, 25 ft. deep, with a 2 yr. old jet pump. Twice in the last month, the pump loses prime during the night, overheats, and melts the PVC intake.There is about 12-15 ft. of water in this well, and the intake is about 5 ft. from the bottom. No leaks that I can find. Any answers or opinions out there?

What about clogs? Could it be losing suction in some way? Why is it losing prime?

Not that I know too much about it, anyway. Anyone else?

Comment

I have been having problems with my well about 2 weeks. It was drilled about 7 yrs ago. I have had a plumber out and he has now replaced the bladder, pvc lines, and checkpoint valve. He said the pump is okay. Last night I had water and water pressure. Yippee!! But as usual it lasted for a few hours and doing the night it shut down. So I unplugged my well pump and now am stumped on what else it can be. I'm paying him out of last week paycheck and not paying the bills that are due. He is charging me each time he comes out. So now I sit with no water and scared to call him back...because of no money. Any suggestions on what this may be.

Comment

8NTX; Is this a single line from the pump to the well? OR a double line (return) Have you checked the FOOTVALVE?. In order for a pump to lose prime, there has to be a LEAK! in the system ...A faulty valve will cause this problem. Post back with info and we will advise further, Hube

Comment

It is a single line and I remember the plumber saying it was holding water so its not a problem. He replaced the check valve which is also called the foot valve, right? He replace lines with new pvc pipes. I just got off the phone with him and he states it must be the pump and I need to go purchase one and he will put it in this afternoon. (more $)

Comment

Buddiro; My reply was intended to the question that 8NTX asked, not yours. Hube

Comment

Buddiro; You can post your question under a NEW topic and not in with anothers question.... Anyways, to get a your problem one would have to get more info. What voltage is this SUB pump? (you say you unplugged it? Most sub pumps are 220V and are on a circuit breaker. Also, how old is this pump? and does it blow the fuses or breaker? Post additional info and we will advise further, Hube

Comment

So sorry about that ...having brain bubble....thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
                X
                =